CALENDAR OF LIVE MUSIC & EVENTS (PACIFIC TIME)

October 12, 2010

Ditto Campfire Thursday Oct 21st 7PM UK time


http://www.ditto.tv/campfire/2010/10/11/a-short-interview-with-jan-pulsford-aka-jana-kyomoon/


BeHiND THe MoNiToR with JaNa KYoMooN

Thank you Richard . . . 

My name is JaNa KYoMooN
and I am the avatar that Jan Pulsford uses 
to front her on line musical performances
in virtual worlds

2. Please tell us about the campfire that you’re going to be presenting and the story you’re going to be telling

I am going to take you behind the monitor
into a virtual environment called Second life
It's a big 3D social network where members use avatars to interact 
and navigate around a virtual world 
about the size of Luxembourg
Everything is created by it's residents 
I will show you how I am using it as part of my life as a virtual artist + musician

3. Please tell us what you would like the audience to take away from the experience and your story

Globally there are a billion people in virtual worlds 
so like it or not it is part of our future.
To some it might sound far fetched 
in the same way that emails and instant messaging did at the beginning of the 90s

As a creative explorer/composer/musician I find Second Life  invaluable 
for trying out new ideas, collaborations and performances
I have my own radio station, concert stage and social network 
and play to hundreds of people every week
from all walks of life and from all over the globe.

There is a huge live music scene, film makers, art galleries, clubs, universities, support groups and charity events . . it even has its own currency!
Basically if you can imagine it you can find it, build it or make it happen!

Look forward to seeing u thursday 21st at Ditto


No comments:

aRCHiVeS